One Hour Cruise
Enjoy 60 mins of Wanaka lake cruising tailored to your preference and weather conditions on the day.
- Skipper Davy will take you to the best spots that he knows from his years of experience cruising and fishing Lake Wanaka.
- If conditions are calm there is the option to cruise out to Mou Tapu Island (12 km from Wanaka). Here the views are spectacular and as you sail around the back of the island the mountain vistas and lake view really open up for an amazing photo stop.
- Some days allow a cruise up to Stevenson’s Arm and back (12 km from Wanaka).
- Other days guests may prefer to cruise to Ruby Island and enjoy a short bush walk.
- Guests can also choose to cruise out towards Glendhu Bay on the west side of Lake Wanaka. Glendhu Bay provides stunning views up to Mt Avalanche & Mt Aspiring through the Matukituki Valley in Mt Aspiring National Park. In winter months you might even spot skiers at Treble Cone Ski Field!
- Each cruise is accompanied by Davy’s entertaining commentary on the history and stories of the lake. There may even be a few embellishments!
- Davy’s wife, Trish, is responsible for the home made muffins which are often mentioned in reviews by previous guests. Tea / coffee is also provided on every cruise.
60 minutes (plus allow 30 min extra). Trips run on demand from 7am, hourly through 5 pm. Call Davy to book your trip on Freephone (NZ only) 0800 555 700 or +64 27 232 2063ow 30 min extra.